Adapted from Rachael Ray
Spaghetti Squash Prep
- Simply cut it in half and bake it at 350 for 45 minutes. When cool, using a spoon, gut out the seeds. Then using a fork, twist out the sides of the squash. It looks just like spaghetti!
- 1 medium spaghetti squash, cooked and twisted out
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine (or natural chicken broth)
- 1/4 boiling water
- 8 oz proscuitto, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped (miced is fine, too)
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 egg yolks
- handful parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet warmed to medium, saute proscuitto in 1 tsp olive oil until it browns, about 3-5 minutes. Add remaining olive oil, garlic, and crushed red pepper flakes and saute 2 minutes. Add wine to the pan and reduce by half, about 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, beat together egg yolks and while whisking vigorously, stir in boiling water.
- Add spaghetti squash, egg mixture, parsley, salt and pepper, and toss 2 minutes. Garnish and serve.