What's Hot!

Oct 27, 2011

The Menu

Attempting to plan out the menu for all of November, including Thanksgiving, while keeping my sugar and carbs in check. Typically poses a challenge because this is the time of year that I like to load up on warm dumplings,  chunky Autumn stews, and pumpkin EVERYTHING--you know, all of the stuff that's death to my diet! But I'm determined to enjoy the best that Fall has to offer.

Looking through cookbooks and online for recipes can be useful, especially those that list the nutrition facts. Get familiar with ingredients that you can and shouldn't eat. Anything with sugar as one of the first three ingredients is probably not the best option and try to limit 'flour-y' type ingredients.

2 comments:

  1. A success! Thanks to some good tunes and some yummy pumpkin coffee, I'm all planned up until the new year. I know right? Next feat, Wal-Mart...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becky. I just found your blog today. I hope you are still posting. Your recipes sound amazing and I'm hoping to try them asap. I have just been diagnosed with PCOS and will be making huge changes as well. Good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete